With the aim of helping improve the lives of of OFWs, Kabayan Hotel’s Kabayan OFW Center hosted the Anti-Illegal Recruitment and Trafficking-in-Person Seminar & Capability Enhancement Training by the Philippine Overseas Employment Agency (POEA). The event was held from August 24 to 25, 2017 at Kabayan Hotel’s Sala Restaurant in Pasay City.
Sharing their knowledge and insights in this event are Ms. Maria Teresa Delos Santos (Head, Welfare Education Division-POEA), MR. Clark Briz (LEO III, Workers Education Division-POEA), and Atty Jeffrey Exiomo.
Below is the series of lectures held throughout the two-day seminar:
– Understanding the overseas employment program and overview of the anti-illegal recruitment campaign
– Law on recruitment
– Law on anti-trafficking in persons
– Modus operandi of illegal recruiters
– The OFW standard employment contract
– POEA’s legal remedies and services for migrant workers
– The Pre-Employment Orientation Seminar (PEOS), a preventive approach
Kabayan OFW Center by Kabayan Hotel partners with different government agencies like POEA and OWWA to offer support to OFWs.